‘Tis the season! This December, why not get in the holiday mood a little early? There are plenty of fabulous light displays to check out throughout the entire month! Delta alone offers some great holiday festivities. Additionally, the Greater Vancouver area has no shortage of cool Christmas displays to check out. This blog will open your eyes to the fun you can have in the coming month!
Light up your holiday season.
If you’ve been looking for the perfect family activity, look no further. Williams Park is hosting its annual lights display. This free community event has been offered for over two decades and features a beautiful show of lights throughout the entire park. Each year, it is put on by an incredible group of volunteers. You can take an afternoon stroll, or even an evening drive and take in the magical sights.
Glow Christmas Festival
In the nature of twinkly Christmas lights, another must-visit this holiday season is Glow Christmas Festival. This indoor festival is the largest in the Greater Vancouver area. In addition to millions of sparkly lights, Glow offers fun, interactive playgrounds, a seasonal beverage bar, and live music. What’s more? Santa himself will be making a guest appearance for all the kids to see!
Glow Christmas Festival also features a Christmas market, which will showcase local artisans, boutiques, and food truck cuisine. Sure to have the family walking out feeling extra happy!
Feast your eyes on Christmas light displays in your neighbourhood…
If you want to be amazed this holiday season, then the following list of Christmas light displays just might do the trick!
- The Sherwoods are putting on a beautiful lights display on their home, located at 20656 44A, Langley. Stop by the “add to your holiday cheer!”
- If you like blow up decorations, musical additions and Christmas lights, swing by the Basran Family at 2328 Wakefield Drive in Langley.
- At 9241 213th Street in Walnut Grove, there is much to see! Check out the “leaping arches and singing Christmas trees” with the family.
- If the idea of 40,000 beautiful lights and Santa and his sleigh flying above sound intriguing, be sure to visit 29681 44 Avenue in Langley. Included are also an “interactive musical snowman, light show, animated characters, and photo op with Rudolph.”
The following is a handy link which maps all the great Christmas light displays across the lower mainland:
Check out what the Greater Vancouver Area has to offer.
While White Rock and South Surrey have some great options, why limit yourself? Take the family for a mini road-trip, and create some great memories. Here are a couple noteworthy holiday options in the greater Vancouver area:
- The Bright Nights Christmas Train in Stanley Park – every year Stanley Park puts on a fantastic miniature railway, which is surrounded by three million twinkling lights! Witness the beauty and excitement, which are also accompanied by Christmas displays and live performers along the train route. Proceeds from this event go toward the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund.
- VanDusen Botanical Gardens is another magical display of lights and Christmas spirit, offered in the Vancouver area. With Christmas trees decorated head to toe in illuminating beauty, the VanDusen Gardens is the perfect place to take the family over the holidays. It’s sure to put a smile on your kids’ faces… And on yours, too! Check out this video to get a glimpse of the magic:
- Canyon Lights at the Capilano Suspension Bridge – this holiday hit is located in the Capilano area in North Vancouver. Check out this link for more information.
This holiday season is shaping up to be a memorable one. Make sure you check out these great sights while you can!